|Courtesy of USFA|
At approximately 2:15 a.m. on Monday, February 20, 2012, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service units responded for the report of an apartment fire at 7600 Maple Avenue in Takoma Park. First arriving firefighters encountered a pile of clothes and towels smoldering in a sixth floor apartment. They quickly began care and treatment of a woman suffering from significant burn injuries in the apartment and transported her to the Washington Hospital Center’s MedStar Burn Unit where she later died from injuries sustained in the fire. Officials have released the name of the victim, Charlotte Wilson, age 56 of Takoma Park, Maryland. Another occupant of the residence was assessed and treated on the scene.
f you smoke, fire-safer cigarettes are better – fire-safer cigarettes are less likely to cause fires. These cigarettes have banded paper that can slow the burn of a cigarette that isn’t being used.